Thursday, October 25, 2012

LG’s scary monitors

 

 LG has decided to use a scary marketing approach to promote its new IPS monitors. To prove how life-like the picture on such monitors can be, they re-fitted the floor of an elevator with nine screens and produced a special effect like the bottom of the elevator was falling apart.
The idea is really cool but, after you finish watching the video, you are left with the feeling that it’s just a fake. Or, at least, this is what I personally felt even before reading the negative comments on Youtube.
Fake or not, the creative idea is good, and video is definitely generating some buzz: over 8.4 million views, almost 27K likes and 3K dislikes. I’m not saying this is going to be another Nike Ronaldinho’s cross barscommercial (I couldn’t find the original multi-million views one on Youtube), but I also think it’s not as bad as Nokia’s fake Lumia ad.
What do you think? Am I too forgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment